The Board will support proven strategies to increase achievement for all students.
- Advocate for and support a culture of achievement
- Establish and support high standards and expectations for ALL students
- Establish and support high standards and expectations for educator effectiveness
- Effectively implement new Common Core State Standards
Stewardship of Resources
The Board will ensure fiscal responsibility and stability.
- Provide greatest value with available resources to effectively attract, educate and retain students
- Focus on economic sustainability
- Continue to align forecasted population and facility needs with real property portfolio
- Support and seek resources to sustain facilities and technology
The Board will increase communication & community engagement.
- Engage, educate and inform stakeholders, especially parents
- Strengthen parent involvement and community participation
- Make information easily accessible
- Promote and market strengths of Oregon City School District
- Increase internal and external communication efforts
- Increase visibility of the Board and district leadership in schools & departments, parent organizations, education foundation, community groups and advocacy at state/local levels
- Educate stakeholders about the implementation of the new report card systems
The board will pursue long-term objectives to achieve the district’s vision.
- Plan for district-wide full-day Kindergarten in 2015-16
- Increase enrollment
- Attract and retain quality staff
- Explore how to adapt our educational model and approach to emerging social and technological trends
- Develop succession plan for senior-level staff transitions
- Build relationships and new partnerships with strategic partners