The Board will support proven strategies to increase achievement for all students.
- Advocate for and support high standards and expectations for ALL students
- Advocate for and support high standards and expectations for educator effectiveness
- Adopt and implement high quality curriculum
Stewardship of Resources
The Board will ensure fiscal responsibility and stability.
- Provide greatest value with available resources to attract, educate & retain students
- Focus on economic sustainability
- Seek out and support efforts to provide resources to improve facilities and technology
- Support efforts to secure stable and adequate public education funding
The Board will increase communication & community engagement.
- Engage, educate and inform stakeholders
- Strengthen parent involvement & community participation
- Promote and market strengths of Oregon City School District
- Increase visibility of the Board and district leadership in schools & departments, parent organizations, education foundation, community groups and advocacy at state/local levels
The board will pursue long-term objectives to achieve the district’s vision.
- Develop a long-range strategic plan that provides a framework to continuously improve
- Attract and retain quality staff
- Develop existing relationships and build new partnerships with strategic partners