Announcement: New process for requesting trips rolling out in 2017-18
We have a new form and approval process and we are rolling out a new web based system for schools requesting field trip busses. The new web site will let administrators view our calendar of bus availability and make a cost estimate and file requests. The new system plugs into our database of busses and drivers and has several features that will make the whole process smoother, faster and easier to track trips from filed request to payment by fiscal. The new product is know as TripTracker - click for product brochure.
We will be making announcements to school principals and secretaries by email about the phase in; including opportunities for demonstrations and training.
- We have a new form for everyone seeking school administration approval for a field trip
- The web site software is installed and we have rolled out at a few locations.
- Administrative users - TripTracker (web site for filing approved requests).
- Each school will have an Approver who will check written trip requests at your location using the Approval Request Form
- Each site will have an assigned staff member who will File the request with Transportation using the TripTracker web site.
Requesting a Field Trip Bus
- Fill out a Approval Request Form and get administrative approval at your school.
- The request must be filed with transportation ten (10) working days prior to the date of the field trip.
- Administration Office approval is required if the trip mileage exceeds 80 miles and for trips out of state.
- Your Approver will check written trip requests on your Approval Request Form
- Your assigned staff member will file the request with Transportation using the TripTracker web site.
- When scheduling a field trip it is important to call Sue at Transportation to check and see if a bus is available.
- If that date is available you will be penciled in on the Field Trip Calendar.
- between 8:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
- between 8:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Wed
- after 4:00 p.m. weekdays
- all day on Saturday and Sunday
Field Trip Rules
The safety of your pupils is in your bus driver's hands. This requires that the driver's attention be on the road at all times. The behavior and discipline of the students is the responsibility of the teachers and chaperones. We ask your cooperation in preventing loud or excessive noise and in maintaining good bus discipline according to the rules as established by the Oregon Board of Education that are posted in each bus.
Please see that your students are ready to return to the bus at the scheduled time. A bus returning late from a field trip is then late on its' entire afternoon route.
It is the intent of the transportation department, and your driver, for your field trip to be fun and enjoyable.
Office Coordinator: Sue Hukkanen
14551 Meyers Rd.
Oregon City OR 97045